Friday, January 21, 2011

Tuesday

I find myself driving to a place that brought so many tears and blessings.
As i walk in memories leap back at me. Some so painful, others so sweet.
And there it is! his office. Just as i left it.
I round the corner. Perfect.
My friend sitting in his place.
A smile wrinkles his eyes as he sees me standing there.
My attire feels strange in his presence- jeans.
I await the question "Where is your skirt sister?"
But that was before.
A warm welcome.
He remembers me so well. Trivial details.
He laughs. We laugh.
Why is This friend so wonderful?
Why is he so kind?
I can see in his face, he is warn, spent.
That smile stays so naturally. Never pasted.
He always did smile.
And i wonder how he does it.
The warmest feeling fills my heart. Every part of my soul feels peace.
Too soon he must leave. A meeting to go to.
A goodbye.
Finally- A hug.
Finally.
And i weep as i go-the sweetest tears ever spent.
Tears are ever flowing in this place, whatever the reason.
That friend...Does he know how he has blessed me?
A tender mercy from our God.
Someday i will be that friend to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment