conference today, the saturday session. Oh what a wonderful world we live in.
The truth then. I woke up SO upset. Last night kinda sucked. A lot. And I guess I have just been emotional lately (more like my whole life, but lately sounds better than always)... anywho. I got to work this morning and realized that Kevin was in charge and I almost started crying. Because Kevin really bothers me. I don't mean to sound cruel, he is just...one of those people that are very hard to deal with! Besides, I was already so upset! But I knew conference was coming. And I knew that I needed to listen. I was worried though...what if it decided to be the one busy Saturday of the year and I couldn't get through the talks because I had to keep getting in-and-out of my truck? So. I said a prayer. And, stupid probably, but I simply asked Heavenly Father for the patience to get through the day without kicking Kevin in the shins and to be able to listen to conference.
So I go into work. I plug in my head phones. Safe zone. And then I start putting up freight. True to form, it is slow. Slow slow slow. And I can just listen to the MOTAB. And things are ok. I'm pretty cranky though. And I have a tummy ache. As usual. But that is ok. I can't even hear Kevin's whining with the headphones plugged in. Praise whoever invented the ear-buds that actually block sound out. I could KISS them. Full on the lips. You bet.
An hour passes. Two hours. Ten O-the-Clock. Conference time.
I try to plug in the radio...but freaking Kevin doesn't want me to. Naturally. Ok. I go to my truck. Luckily a run comes off the printer. GOOD! First talk... mostly missed. But there are more coming. So I listen. I am praying that I just hear a few things I need.. a few of the things I have been asking.
I don't know WHEN it came... But it did. Answers. Floods of them. Clear as day and ever so beautiful. So beautiful Anne would call it wonderful. I like her use of diction. I will call it wonderful too. Because it is full of wonder. I am in absolute awe. I was being such a brat! But my God still wants to let me know he is there, listening, loving me. How I love him.
I heard things this morning, and this afternoon, that I have been looking for for a year and a half almost to date. THIS I know because I came up with a few of these questions in the MTC. And had I stayed in the mission field I would be returning this month. CRAZZZZZYYYYY!!!!!! Obviously the Lord's ways are not our own. HA! look at where I am now! Engaged to a Hotty. Boo-YA! ....I should prolly say that he is nice and stough too. Ha! I am truly so blessed. I hope that anyone who reads this was able to hear the talks that I heard. I am sure you will be blessed if you listen to them. Here, lemmemakethiseasyforya.
LINK!
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2012/04?lang=eng
There you go. Now watch. Listen. And be uplifted. :)
All my love to you dears. Have a happy day.
-Missa
No comments:
Post a Comment